Job No: 6116IA
||Mainframe Batch Operator
||Office of the Chief information Officer (OCIO)
||Des Moines, IA
||On-Site after phone screen
Position #1: Third Shift Friday through Tuesday, 12:00 am - 8:30 am after training period. Training Days/Hours (expected to last approximately 2 weeks): Tuesday through Saturday, 4 pm - 12:30 am.
Position #2:Thursday through Monday 8 am - 4:30 pm. Training period (appx 2 weeks in duration) will take place during the normal Thurs-Mon; 8am-4:30pm work schedule.
Our client is looking for a Mainframe Batch Operator to assist them with current systems in the third shift.
- Alert appropriate customers/programmers of potential problems.
- Report all job failures and other problems to Program Manager and assist with resolution.
- Report and coordinate resolution of all problems in the absence of Program Manager.
- Assist and provide support to Program Manager
- Distribute customer daily reports
- Maintain unique scheduling calendar
- Update all documentation (SOPs, logs etc)
- Provide statistics gathered from various sources
- Print nightly output / state warrants
- Deliver output
- Answer phones
- Resolve issues
- Escalate to duty officer problems that cannot be resolved
2 years of experience in the following:
- Experience coordinating Mainframe Batch Job Schedules
- Experience changing JCL (Job Control Language) as appropriate. Parameters to change include, but are not limited to, dates, tax types, & various data
- Experience scheduling & submitting daily, weekly, monthly & annual batch systems.
- Experience verifying job(s) set up and networking accuracy (Control M), as well as experience troubleshooting control M issues.
- Experience reconciling multiple transactions received from internal/external source(s) prior to loading them into the respective systems each night.
- Experience with Operating Department computer system(s) and equipment & troubleshooting in an entry level capacity with minimal supervision.
- Experience alerting Program Manager of any problem(s) preventing the successful completion of a process or internal/external customer service issue.
- Experience using JCL (Job Control Language), Utilities and JES III to operate computer system(s).
- Experience monitoring jobs for multiple systems for completion & monitoring expected results.
No additional skills desired.